MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert smilies for use on dark background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make a theme with a dark background. The only problem I have is that the smilies that are in use on my forum have those nice white borders on them. How can I remove those borders, or make them dark?
use photoshop

and replace the white color by something
or use the hue/saturation tool.

it's an image in the end, u have to edit it
This is an interesting idea: have different smiley sets based on the theme / skin. I would make the base URL of the smileys a field for the theme so that multiple themes can share the same smileys. Of course the smiley files should share the same name in all themes to simplify things.
fools, just make transparent giffs with no background colour
Use Ulead GIF Animator 5. ı am using to make background transparent
or just use photoshop or just get some better smilies on a transparent background tbh
Immersion, even transparent GIFs have this problem if they are antialiased (sp?).
wtf? how do they? you just delete all around the smilie and then save it as a high quality giff. I can do it.
Immersion, time to lose the attitude. First you call them fools for not knowing about transparent GIFs and now ask wtf.

Yes, if you use crisp edges on your smileys there won't be any problems. OTOH, if they are antialiased (ie to make the circle's edge look smoother) the paint program will gradually blend from the smiley's foreground to your expressed background. This can result in a halo-type effect.