MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advertisers Group - Can edit own threads in certain forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I'm looking for a mod or someone to write a mod that would allow members of a specific user group to edit their own threads within a certain forum. For instance, sponsors (advertisers) who purchase a sticky thread in a "classifieds" forum would be able to log in and edit their ad thread to reflect their current inventories/sales/etc.
Any ideas?
When you write "to edit their own threads", in the case members can reply to their thread, do you want to allow them to edit any post in that thread or only their own posts? Can they also open/close or delete their own threads?
Ideally they would only be able to edit their own post in the thread. Permissions to open/close would be good but not delete...
I can do this kind of plugin, including the "open/close" option before next week... Wink
it would be useful,
also (bad) idea that everybody can edit every member's post in certain forum (only) Big Grin
The plugin is actually available here :

Thread Self Close

Sorry for the delay, i forgot to post it here few days ago... Wink
I like the idea of thread permissions ^_^
Also:

"Oops! This link appears to be broken."
(2009-12-18, 06:55 PM)thersdaily Wrote: [ -> ]"Oops! This link appears to be broken."

I hope you are not thinking it is my link that is broken, because it is always accessible, there was no downtime on our server for years... Wink
It worked second time
thanks for posting that code but it doesnt allow users of a certain group to edit their own threads. they are only allowed to open/close their own threads.
Pages: 1 2