MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding fonts to the editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know how i would go about doing this? I am asuming i have to edit editor.js, but i don't want to mess with it if i don't have too.
From line 66 of editor.js:

// Defines an array of fonts to be shown in the font drop down.
this.fonts = new Object();
this.fonts["Arial"] = "Arial";
this.fonts["Courier"] = "Courier";
this.fonts["Impact"] = "Impact";
this.fonts["Tahoma"] = "Tahoma";
this.fonts["Times New Roman"] = "Times New Roman";
this.fonts["Trebuchet MS"] = "Trebuchet MS";
this.fonts["Verdana"] = "Verdana";

Copy the layout of one of those lines and put the name of the font you want to add.
And how would i made it the default? Sorry i should of stated that before...
So what if I download some gaming font or something from daFont.com, and add the name there, will other users which do not have the font installed on their own computer be able to see the font?
You mean default on the drop down menu or the default font for posts generally??

(2009-12-09, 06:53 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]So what if I download some gaming font or something from daFont.com, and add the name there, will other users which do not have the font installed on their own computer be able to see the font?

That'll work for anyone who has that font installed on their computer but not for everybody else, their browser won't know what to do with it so will probably fall back on the CSS font or something.
(2009-12-09, 06:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-09, 06:53 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]So what if I download some gaming font or something from daFont.com, and add the name there, will other users which do not have the font installed on their own computer be able to see the font?

That'll work for anyone who has that font installed on their computer but not for everybody else, their browser won't know what to do with it so will probably fall back on the CSS font or something.
Is there any list of most OS pre-installed fonts I can rely on? Would be nice to know if most people will be able to browse the site normally. Actually it's just for curiosity, I'd never use those weird techno or gotic fonts in a layout.
Faviouz go to Control panel - fonts. Thats all of them.

And i mean Dropdown. Not everyone has Teen. Linux doesnt' Sad
lol right, but does win7's font apply to XP, Vista, 2000, 98..?
http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/windo...rsion.html

Microsoft site also has lists for supports OS's only.
Cool thanks Smile
Pages: 1 2