MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I.... and.... and...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a few things added to my forum and I was wondering how I am to do it. First off I need a register box on the side of the index page where you only need to input a username, password, password confirmation, and terms of use agreement. Also on the side I need a latest topics box that displays about 5 threads. And say if I edited the source code like changed the arrangement of buttons where do I save it? And finally how to I place ads anywhere on the page, say if I want it on the top or on the side? I know I got alot of questions and more to come but I'm a complete noob. :p
Use linebreaks. Also all of this can be done by your theme. Link.
/Firefox.
Half of this can be done with plugins. Look for the sideboxes mod at mybbcentral. There are a number of ad management ones. There is one for top stats on index.

But a couple may have to be custom theme edits.
Or you can make your portal your front page. There are some tutorials here on the subject that might help you out. As for the ads, you can implement them directly to your templates.