MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: display name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am wondering about why there is only username for the users and no seperate display name that is used on the posts?

Many people don't like having their usernames put up on posts and prefer to have a seperate display name. I hope I said that right.
Because usernames are unique and if using 'display names' you can have many "Ryan"s for example, and it would become confusing.
(2009-12-10, 01:56 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Because usernames are unique and if using 'display names' you can have many "Ryan"s for example, and it would become confusing.

it never has on my other boards... people that roleplay often like to use their character name for display purposes but I suppose it is something we can live with
They could use their usertitles in that way if they like. I don't see a need for a display name when you already have a username that you can make whatever you like.
(2009-12-10, 04:49 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]They could use their usertitles in that way if they like. I don't see a need for a display name when you already have a username that you can make whatever you like.

security for one thing when people know your username they are halfway to accessing your acct. but as I said it is something I can live with... guess is not a big deal likely just something I got used to Cool
You could request a mod, and see if anyone would make one.
(2009-12-10, 05:01 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You could request a mod, and see if anyone would make one.

thank you for the suggestion... I may do that couldn't hurt I guess LOLBig Grin
(2009-12-10, 05:05 AM)absolom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-10, 05:01 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You could request a mod, and see if anyone would make one.

I apoligize. I am quite idiot at times. haha.

I requested it and it was made already.

Sorry about that.

Tabbie made it Toungue http://tuts.tabbiestower.info/tutorial-19.html
(2009-12-10, 03:34 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-10, 05:05 AM)absolom Wrote: [ -> ]

I apoligize. I am quite idiot at times. haha.

I requested it and it was made already.

Sorry about that.

Tabbie made it Toungue http://tuts.tabbiestower.info/tutorial-19.html

Thank you for the link I'll try it out a bit later... We all have our moments of idiocy it helps keep us semi-sane LOL
Hahaha Hope it works out well for you.
Pages: 1 2