MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding embed code from YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought that this was possible without a plugin but this is what I get...
http://www.hostingwebdesign.com.au/forum...php?tid=90
The vid does not embed.
:-(

Any ideas?
this fixed it
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/automedia
I was just going to suggest you use AutoMedia
I just thought I was sure MyBB did this by default but maybe not.
Thanks anyway
No it doesn't but that automedia plugin is sweet. I use it on my sites and it's better than anything on any software that does have embedding enabled by default.

It's truly a great plugin.
(2009-12-30, 07:33 AM)coolcos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-10, 12:51 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]I was just going to suggest you use AutoMedia

Actually, this is easily done without the need for any required plugins.

Assuming you already know your Youtube embed coding, copy and paste it into notepad or something until you are ready for it in these steps.

Login to your admin panel

Go to
Forums & Posts tab
Select "Options" button then "Edit Forum" from the drop down menu for the forum you want to play Youtube videos.

Scroll down to

"Miscellaneous Options" section.
Yes, allow HTML in posts (if this is not checked box, then you will only see the coding when you paste the embed coding from YouTube).

Yes, allow MyCode in posts
Yes, allow smilies in posts
Yes, allow [img] code in posts
Yes, allow post icons to be chosen for posts
Yes, allow threads to be rated
Yes, show this forum in the 'forum jump' menu
Yes, posts in this forum should count towards user post counts

Click on the "Save Forum"

exit admin panel

Now you are back in the normal forum viewing mode, go to the forum that you just set the permission level to allow HTML coding.

Select "New Reply" or "New Topic" depending upon what you are doing

Paste your embed coding from Youtube or the embed coding you copied to your notepad if you copied it there and then click Post Reply.

Note if you need to edit what you just posted, be sure to use full edit and not quick edit.

The embed coding displays the YouTube player right in the forum window and you play it by clicking on the players "play button".

Note: You have to do this for every forum you create and also for daughter forums you create within forums.

I figured this out a long time ago and use it a lot to play lectures when necessary.

coolcos

That is very stupid. There is a reason html is not enabled by default, it leaves you open to exploits. I would suggest removing that, and using a different way.
Quote:That is very stupid. There is a reason html is not enabled by default, it leaves you open to exploits. I would suggest removing that, and using a different way.

Dear Jam,

If this is exploitable by forum members, then borrowing from your example statement above, how about not stupidly quoting my suggestion in your reply to me! Why have others continue to see a process method that you initially said you cannot agree with? Giving you the benefit of a doubt, and assuming you know what you are talking about (i.e. big assumption here), regarding the security levels of MyBB being very inadequate to securely handle HTML or HTML related coding (e.g. YouTube, PayPal, etc.), etc. I removed my post.

Now please, man up (or girl up if you are a girl) and remove my text from your quote, unless of course you are now agreeing that others need to know how to do this after all, in which case you should then remove your first reply statement to me while offering an apology?

coolcos
(2009-12-10, 12:51 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]I was just going to suggest you use AutoMedia

Hay me pinky and thankful for your valuable able suggestion regarding use of AutoMedia but there is run time error. What should i do in this situation....?Confused