MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: {$lang->welcome_back} - please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon!

I'm trying to change the way the welcomeblock on the header appears.

I'm looking at "{$lang->welcome_back}" and know that what it creates is the following:

"Welcome back, USERNAME. You last visited: Today, 11:41 AM"

Can someone please tell me how to actually edit the backend of "{$lang->welcome_back}" so that I can decide on what gets printed?

For example, I might prefer the following: (but how do I edit it?)

"Hello, USERNAME. Last Visit: Today, 11:41 AM"

Thank you,
You will need to edit the language files. The file you need is, global.lang.php in the "languages" folder in the /inc/ directory.

$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";

Which is called at the global.php file in the root of your mybb forum files.

// Format the welcome back message
	$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit);

But from what I gathered you need to change only the text, so by changing it at the language string ought to do it.
(2009-12-10, 01:54 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to edit the language files. The file you need is, global.lang.php in the "languages" folder in the /inc/ directory.

$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";

Which is called at the global.php file in the root of your mybb forum files.

// Format the welcome back message
	$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit);

But from what I gathered you need to change only the text, so by changing it at the language string ought to do it.

Thanks again Babjusi - starting to really like the support here Shy
You are welcome. Glad to have been of help.