MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Setting] Stop users from rating their own threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If it hasn't been suggested or even done, I suggest making something like this http://community.mybboard.net/thread-61092.html but as a core setting.
Why? Unless you use points its useless.
Well if a thread is tied between 4 and 5 stars the poster can just rate it and make it 5 stars. Which is kinda cheating, so.. it's not useless imo.
Better to say: It's useless as a core feature. Can be done with a simple plugin.
It's already done. And I don't see how useless it is really.
As i said, unless you have a plugin what does it change?
What plugin? Rating threads doesn't need plugins to make it work Confused
Yes you are right. Maybe this featur is not useless for all admins.

What I wanted to say: Give arguements/reasons why this should be a core feature and not a plugin. Smile
Like a points plugin.
Likes its pointless otherwise.
The star rating can be used without a points plugin. Just for rating really, dunno if current point systems got an option for X points per rating, but many people use the star rating without a points system attached to it, I guess.

I think it should be made as a core feature cause it prevents users from cheating, where the stars rating is actually used and considered for reputation or something. Probably this is the only use for it. Of course the stars rating may have different functions in many of the forums out there. It may be interpreted in a different way, but the effect of this setting would be the same: prevent the original poster from rating his own threads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4