MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Width Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I got my MyBB forum software setup entirely, I really like it and the install was a breeze!

But..

I need to know how to do the following, if someone can assist me, then it would be nice of them, and greatly appreciated!

I have a website, similar to the looks of MyBBoard.net, it has a navigation menu at the top of the screen, and a header image.

Now, in my MyBB forum, I want the container, and everything in it to stay at 850 pixels in width and stay aligned in the center of the browser window no matter what. How can I do this.

MyBBoard.net does it great, and it is a perfect example...because if you go on their homepage and click the 'Community Forums' tab, the header image and nav bar stay the same width as the forums container, this is my goal...Learning how to do this..

How did you guys get the forums to always stay centered at a fixed resolution, that is the same as your navigation bar and header's width (which my websites header and navigation bar is 850 pixels wide)
You can edit the width of #container in global.css in the ACP if that's what you mean Smile It's fixed at 940px here.
Yep, that is exactly it! I am not a MyBB newbie, and I know I have done it before, and it has been a long time since I have used MyBB, I have been using phpBB lately... Personally the difference is night and day between phpBB and MyBB . Don't get me wrong phpBB is still a nice Bulletin Board system, but unless you go vBulletin, then it won't deliver what MyBB does.

To stay on topic, the fact that in MyBB you can go to ACP>Templates and Styles>Templates>Header>Header and add a custom HTML header straight from you own (again, like MyBBoard.net has above) website even is so convenient, and very easy to do...So if you are people like us, and you have websites that need an associated forum, but you want it the same width as everything else all the time, with a beautiful...rich header image. Than MyBB is perfect!

But, however...I gues this is all an opinonated matter, depends on which you like more. Smile

Cheers for the help Mr Rogowski!