MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] Shleek Series for 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi boys and gals, today I am making my first big theme release.

The Shleek series consists of 6 variations of my Shleek theme.

The idea behind the Shleek series was to make a set of simple but elegant themes in different colors that could easily be changed by web design novices to give the design a more unique feel.

I have done this by making the design relatively thin and made all the images independent of the background. This allows users to make their own background and create their own individual look, rather like twitter, with very little effort. I will be posting a tutorial on this shortly.

These themes were designed for maximum compatibility and so no CSS 3 has been used, it is compatible with IE6+, FF, Opera, Chrome and Safari and is also xHTML valid.

The series

Shleek Black
Shleek Black preview

Shleek Blue
Shleek Blue preview

Shleek Green
Shleek Green preview

Shleek Orange
Shleek Orange preview

Shleek Red
Shleek Red preview

Shleek Skyline
Shleek Skyline preview

Install

To install upload the shleek images folder to the images directory of your MyBB installation.
Then import the Shleek xml file through your MyBB admin control panel.

Licence

This theme is free to use and free to modify.
The footer credit however must remain and must not be modified in any way, regardless of what changes you make to the theme. All links must also remain.
You may not distribute or port this theme without my permission.

Download
Download Shleek Black
Download Shleek Blue
Download Shleek Green
Download Shleek Orange
Download Shleek Red
Download Shleek Skyline

Please feel free to post any bugs or issues you have in this thread.
If you use one of these themes I also don't mind if you post your site as it's nice to see my work being used Smile

Edit: I forgot to say that the first link on the navigation bar goes to what you have specified as the home page in the ACP and the link will be called what you have set the website name to in the ACP. Likewise the header text will change to whatever your site name is set to in your ACP.

Edit:
Credit must go to SoniQuake for the buttons http://mods.mybboard.net/view/white-milk-button-set
and
http://www.stuckincustoms.com/ for the Shleek Skyline background

Ps. If anyone is a good "digital artist" and would be interested in putting together a "background pack" for these themes I would be interested in helping you out.
Wow. I can't think of words to describe how amazing these are.
Thanks Mark, I also added some additional info at the bottom that I forgot to add.
Good start. I'm not a fan of center themes but good start.
Yeah, as I said, the reason why I made it so skinny and centered is to make the background as visible as possible to make it like twitter where you can easily change the whole feel of the design by changing the background.
They're okay. I don't really like the square on/off icons.
Great themes, some great new stuff is being released by members here lately.

I've always loved MyBB since i started working on a forum with a few mates a couple of years ago.

Now my site is strictly MyBB Big Grin
Not a fan of the square on/off buttons either.

Also, I feel the template cuts off to the background too suddenly. Maybe a defined border or smoothing/roundings would make a nicer feel.
The themes are very shleek'ish Toungue Nice work, I like the idea you thought to use big backgrounds (as Twitter pages).
(2009-12-11, 03:34 PM)btraill Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the square on/off buttons either.
(2009-12-11, 01:12 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really like the square on/off icons.

Do you think slightly rounded ones would look better?
For example:
[attachment=16501]

(2009-12-11, 03:34 PM)btraill Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I feel the template cuts off to the background too suddenly. Maybe a defined border or smoothing/roundings would make a nicer feel.
Unfortunately I can't have a shadow or anything on the edge without using transparent PNG's (which rules out IE6 and compatibility was an aim in this theme) while still making the background interchangeable without any other image edits.

(2009-12-11, 10:21 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]The themes are very shleek'ish Toungue Nice work, I like the idea you thought to use big backgrounds (as Twitter pages).

Thanks, I kind of came up with the name first :p
Pages: 1 2 3