MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade 1.4.9->,10 w/ pgsql hosed admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my admin pages are unusable again after upgrading 1.4.9 to 1.4.10. i had this problem before after a previous upgrade, but I forget how I solved it. when I go to the admin pages, it prompts for the admin login on every page, and if i dig down to the settings, almost every setting is listed twice.

rather stock plain install, except I'm using pstgresql 8.3.7.

when I did the 1.4.9-.10 upgrade, I followed the instructions quite carefully.

any hints here, folks?
(2009-12-11, 05:43 AM)pierce Wrote: [ -> ]my admin pages are unusable again after upgrading 1.4.9 to 1.4.10.

oops, found my old post, and it was pretty much the same thing.
A) I had to go into mybb_settings, and delete all duplicate values (almost every entry was in there twice, something must be wrong with the upgrade script here, its messing up on postgres 8.3?)

this time around, I used this SQL statement to delete any duplicate NAME values, deleting the highest sid.
delete from mybb_settings where sid in (select sid from (select max(sid) as sid,name,count(name) as count from mybb_settings group by name) as t where count>1);

and

B) I had to delete all cookies related to my forum's domain in order to get the admin pages to work right.
So is it working or...?
(2009-12-11, 07:37 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]So is it working or...?

yah, its working after I did what I appended above.

I guess next time I do an upgrade, I need to take a close look at the part of the upgrade script that updates mybb_settings, and figure out what its doing that postgres doesn't like.

hmmm. looking at the source files in the tarball, sync_settings() has some sketchy stuff.. I don't quite 'get' the $redo logic (haven't read enough of it) but if it ever hits that $redo == 2, that will definately blow on postgres, there ain't know Type=ISAM Dodgy

I do know I'd probably have created a unique constraint on the name field to prevent any possibliity of creating duplicate names.
I don't think anything was even done with the settings in this upgrade... what version did you choose from the upgrade script??
1.4.9 to 1.4.10 was the upgrade I did. as far as I can tell, it still goes through the DB and checks stuff. I dunno. I only did a quick walk-through of the code in install/upgrade.php late last night ... I definitely didn't understand some of what I saw, like what reload_settings was about, several references, but I never saw that function (unless it was in an include file or something). and that $redo value in sync_settings, I didn't quite sort out that logic, either