MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EVE Online Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I have been looking around for a really good theme for my forums for my Eve Corporation, to fit in with the game.
I can't pay for anything (sorry), but if you play Eve I can drop some isk your way. Otherwise, I can give a big thank you and my appreciation.

Anyways, I would be looking for a nice clean theme. A light coloured theme would be preferred for now. I would like to get a dark one (to match), and I know enough CSS to change colours and stuff, but I would rather not have to. Basing it off the default theme is fine, and it doesn't need to be fancy, just clean and simple. I have a banner I am using, with 800x600 size right now (original is bigger, but I think this may be a good width for forums?). I want the forums to NOT be full screen width, but more like 800 to 1000 pixels wide (if that makes sense).

I hope that is enough information. Thanks guys.

~Lordbob
Hi
I did not know what Eve was, so I had a look on line. What exactly do you want from the theme? Is it just a case of downloading a nice theme and then adding custom icons/changing colours etc?

If so, then I recommend the quacktacular realize theme.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/realize

Its easy to edit, has a nifty rotating banner feature and the buttons are css styled so you can edit them to match the look of the forum.
Thanks leesester, that looks like a really cool tool. I will have to try it out.

But yes, I was hoping for a custom theme.
I was looking for a dark theme (changed my mind I know), with a spacey EVE feel to it. Something that would show off the banner i have at the top, but still remain functional and easy to navigate and read.

http://theoreticalpi.ambiguouspi.com is the site

~Lordbob
Well, the theme you linked to is a tad too dark IMO. What I mean is, are you looking at having custom buttons based on the game? Has the game a colour set? I looked at the official Eve site and they have gone for a lot of browns, and a BIG header. Its in space, so you can do a big spacy type background as the background image, or do a simple repeating pattern of metal walls, repeat that into the theme colours with css edits, or use background images for the forum headers.

The main thing is going to be the icons. I would look at having either bolts or space doors etc as the icons etc etc - a BLACK theme will not be able to show that off so much. Go for a moody fallout kind of look - easier to do and more effective IMO. I would be willing to have a go and help you, but your specs are a bit vague. Better specs will get you more offers of help I think.
I tried EVE for one day, never understood what was going on and what I was suppose to do Sad. I died every 3 minutes and I had to ffing idea what the point was of the game except to move around with a spaceship Toungue.
Zomain, once you get the hang of it, it is really awesome.

Leesester: Thats a good point. Let me see if this is better:

I would like a dedicated space for a banner. It is currently 800x264 and I would like it a little smaller (maybe 700 or 600?).
For colours... I would like dark on dark. Perhaps similar to the BlackEvo4 theme? For colour I mean.
EDIT: I have decided on Black, Gray, Blue for the colour scheme. I think that will look really good.

For icons, I was thinking some thing simple, but cool. Perhaps a PI symbol in different colours? I think that would be cool, and fits with the corp.

EDIT: I have also decided that a vertical forum board menu on the left of the main forum will be very useful and really cool. Is this easy? I know a few people have mentioned this, but I have no idea how easy this is to do.

Is that enough? I am just not sure what I need to provide. Sorry Confused

~Lordbob
No takers?
Hi Bob
I was looking at this - my recommendation is:

take a look in the mods board under themes. There are LOTS. Find one that sort of fits the general look and feel that you want for your forum. Depending on the TOU (licence) change the colour sets a bit in the css, and you can swap in your own icons.

Go take a look on the net for images for your custom icons. Bear in mind that you will have to reduce them down to about 30*30 for forum indicators, even smaller for post bit etc(16*16).

Of course, the disadvantage of the "find em on the internet approach" is that you need to edit the images or pay for them. On a dark theme you need to have VERY good clean images, or you will get jagged edges.

If that sounds like a lot of work (just editting an existing custom theme) then you can see why most people are saying they would like to be paid. Its just a few dollars, and can be HOURS of work for someone. Or you can have a darn good try at doing it yourself - and come here, post screenies and get advice.

Regarding the side boxes - thats a plug in - I think you may well have to pay.

Lee