MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "\\\" problem for one poster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a poster who everytime the post an apostrophy they get escapes like this below;

I\\\'m sorry

This also affect the quoting like this

\'Kickoff3pm\' pid=\'3511\' dateline=\'1260482928\ Wrote:

http://www.football4sale.co.uk/football-...52#pid3552

Any ideas folks, pretty please. It's an error that hard to do searches for so just hoping someone has resoved the same problem, I suspect it's at the users end so I apolgise if I've posted in the wrong place.
Seeing that its one user only would lead me to believe the problem is on there end. Have they tried to post from another PC?
I had this from one person who was contacting me through my contact form on my website. His text always used to be full of these //

I don't get that from anyone else, so i am guessing it's his computer or keyboard/language.etc. setup.
Yes I assumed similer, I think it's the browser charactor setting myself but can't nail it down. Just hoping someone who had solved it knew the answer quickly as my forum is new and things like this might put others off joining.
Someone had this here, it must be on their end as nobody else had it. Have they tried any others??