MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Please - New install with no images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per title... No images on the forum are working at all; neither are the smilies.

Forum link: www.all-vaux.co.uk

As far as I am aware they are directed correctly in the admin panel to /images/ directory.

I have also tried to change this address, as the actual folder from root on my server is: /public_html/www.all-vaux.co.uk/images/

Nothing seems to work. I have also tried to CHMOD the /images/ folder to 777 (all files are already 0644), as described here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-608...ot+working

I'm at a total loss, and its doing my head in now - I just can't figure out what is happening. The images are there, I just cant see them. All I get when I view it is the writing instead, yet others get small white boxes with red crosses when they view.

I've even tried several different downloads of the original files, and 3 full installs to try and cure it - I just dont understand whats causing it.

I assume initally it was the folder address in the theme settings panel, but I've tried my full address from root on my server, and everything in-between and still at a loss.

Please help me! Smile
Where does it say to CHMOD ./images/ to 777 in that thread...?? Undecided 777 isn't needed for that folder, might make it worse on some server setups, 755 is fine.

I can view them directly so the images themselves, and the file paths, are OK, is there a .htaccess file in the ./images/ folder??
(2009-12-11, 10:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Where does it say to CHMOD ./images/ to 777 in that thread...?? Undecided 777 isn't needed for that folder, might make it worse on some server setups, 755 is fine.
I can view them directly so the images themselves, and the file paths, are OK, is there a .htaccess file in the ./images/ folder??

Sorry, I meant the folders to 777. The images to 644. The folders were originally 755, I'll change them back if its a problem.

Having re-read the original post, I was incorrect - I have changed them all to 755 now though.

There isnt a .htaccess file in the folder /images/

Is that possibly the problem? How do I go about adding it?

To be honest I'm not sure what the correct file path is to the images anymore as I've changed it so many times. I'm currently using the file path: images/ - I assume this ok?
Problem solved by doing this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-333...=.htaccess

Images all now work a treat, with the exception of the text editing boxes, but I'll put a post up about that later. Smile
hi all,

I'm having this problem too. I've updated the htaccess.txt to add the line

RewriteBase /

I've also updated all the image files to have 755. All the control panels but Admin work fine but Admin shows no images. The url is

forums.gardenersreach.com

It is on cloud servers at Rackspace.

Any help you guys can offer would be very much appreciated.
Polish support members on a similar topic recently. Smile

The problem may be ill-pre-loaded onto language package. Make sure you have uploaded it to the appropriate folder / or is it all files / directories and files that are relevant CHMOD'y.
(2010-02-11, 03:42 PM)reachsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]htaccess.txt

Rename that to .htaccess
It's missing text, not images, it's not the same problem. Make sure ./inc/languages/english/admin/ is CHMOD to 755 and the files inside are either 666 or 644.
(2010-02-11, 05:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's missing text, not images, it's not the same problem. Make sure ./inc/languages/english/admin/ is CHMOD to 755 and the files inside are either 666 or 644.

WhooHooo!!! Thank you very much. Must have not followed the instructions properly!
Na it wasn't your fault, it's some weird thing that happens when the files are being uploaded, they get given dodgy CHMODs, it's these files and these files only that it happens to... not really sure why. What FTP client did you use?? A lot of people have this when using FileZilla but that's what I use and it's never happened to me.