MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with sorting my new post formatting tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've now got all of the images working correctly, but the formatting tools are still missing when I go to add a new post, or edit etc.

image below: (have attached it just in case it wont display)

[Image: NewPost.jpg]

How do I go about getting these formatting tools to work? They're on the server as far as I can see, in the folder /images/codebuttons but they arent showing when I try to edit or create a new post, as you can see above.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smile
Reupload ./jscripts/editor.js in binary mode.
Thank you for the reponse again Matt.

I've done as you requested in binary mode via FTP and its still not working.

Any other ideas?
Can I have a test account to your forum??
Sure. I take it you just mean a normal account to test whatever yes? If so, I've made the following resgistered user for you

User:
Password:

Details removed as problem has been resolved.
Yep, that's fine, just needed to be able to see the new reply/thread page Smile

It shows OK for me, what browser are you using?? Are you sure javascript is turned on?? Tried clearing your cache??
(2009-12-12, 01:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that's fine, just needed to be able to see the new reply/thread page Smile

It shows OK for me, what browser are you using?? Are you sure javascript is turned on?? Tried clearing your cache??

I'm using firefox 3.5, on a 64bit Linux platform. Everything else shows ok on other forums I use though, so I assumed its nothing to do with the laptop I'm using. Normally I'd be using XP Pro & Firefox, but my new broadband line isnt installed til friday, so I'm using a t-mobile dongle at the moment! lol.

Do you mean javascript on my computer, or the site/server?

I can try clearing my cache... Though I'm not sure where it is... lol. OK, I found the cache manager in Tools & Maintenance.. Which one do I need to re-build?

Thank you for your help so far, your a gent! Smile
It'd be your browser cache. Press Ctrl + F5 to clear it. To see if javascript is on, go to Firefox > Tools > Options > Enable Javascript > make sure it's ticked (that's where it is on Windows, probably in the same place for Linux). To test if other javascript is working, log out, and test if the login box opens with AJAX (if javascript is off clicking login opens a new page) and check if quick reply is working (it will add with AJAX if javascript is on, but will load the page again if it's off).
Thank you Matt. Big Grin

I did as you suggested on both my PC and also on my laptop (linux) and both now work perfectly!

Once again thank you sir. Smile