MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't you just hate them? They're pissing me off right now Dodgy
I actually love them Big Grin They are just so cool, I try to use them as much as I can (no sarcarsm). But I can't think on a situation in which you're forced to use them, so I don't get how they can piss you off.
(2009-12-12, 04:08 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I actually love them Big Grin They are just so cool, I try to use them as much as I can (no sarcarsm). But I can't think on a situation in which you're forced to use them, so I don't get how they can piss you off.

Well they're cool when they work Rolleyes All of the sprites work except for 1, which doesn't seem to want to change.

I am forced to use them on my high-traffic proxy because I need to optimize it as much as I can, and bringing the HTTP queries from 12 to 7 is a huge save. Especially when the server load likes to soar to 40 on a high-traffic day.
I don't know how that actually happends Toungue (the sprite not changing). But you could make one single image for the whole site, just like Facebook (at least for the site structure).
Fixed the error, and I love sprites again :p