MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MassEmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In order to comply with the CanSpam -act, the mass-email should always have a 'unsubscribe'-link with it. How can I create a personalized link in the mass-email that would allow this 'unsubscription' simply by clicking? Ideally I would like it to change a value in one of the customfields I've set up, but if nothing else, 'allow notices from administrators' would do.

Thanks,
kimmo
BUMP....there's no way? I can't believe that nobody would've solved this by now? After all isn't it legal requirement at least in the US?
i think in the agreement, when you check off recieve emails from admin, its technically covered in a different manner.

you could attach a link to userprofile to uncheck it?
Yes I agree there are workarounds, but also remember that not all the agreements are the same. I have for example re-written the complete agreement to reflect the fact that people will be signing up for an entire community and not just a forum.

But I think this is something I will have to do. Just put a link to usercp Otherwise might have to write completely new set of code to switch that flag off with a custom-link....hmmm

cheers,
Kimmo