MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topic attributes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way for topic attributes in MyBB?
Umm, what are topic attributes?
Something that automatically is added with a scroll down that goes before your topic title. It's a MOD for phpBB, last time I checked.
oh! There is a mod for this at mybbsource I think. I don't remember the exact name but it exists.
Ah, yes, that is called "Thread Prefix" http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=53
(2009-12-12, 11:16 PM)citystatic Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way for topic attributes in MyBB?
That is part of the upcomming 1.6 Version features - might be worth waiting for Wink

regards
(2009-12-13, 10:08 PM)Nifty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-12, 11:16 PM)citystatic Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way for topic attributes in MyBB?
That is part of the upcoming 1.6 Version features - might be worth waiting for Wink

I may not understand the concept, but I've been thinking of a feature I'd like to have:

Let's say I have a sub-forum dedicated to some activity in a state. It would be nice if individuals who start a topic could choose from a list of "tag" values (a dozen city names, or "All" if the topic related to the entire state). And then, when viewing the index of topics, individuals could choose to filter the index by one of those "tag" values (defaulting to "All").

Basically,tagging and index-filtering would be a way to view a sub-forum in a more granular way without being completely pedantic, creating individual sub-forums for each city.

Is that what you guys are talking about? If not, has there been a proposal to do something like this?

Thanks
(2009-12-13, 10:24 PM)az2000 Wrote: [ -> ][Is that what you guys are talking about?
Yes, thats it. Called "Prefix".
Pages: 1 2