MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Database Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There,
Just downloaded MYBB and im fairly computer wise and software intelligent, but for the life of me..i read the documentation, followed what i believed to be step by step instructions and im totally stuck..Please someone clue me in...

Went to my browser to start up the forum software and every thing seems fine it tells me and BOOM ! stopped me dead

# Welcome (ok)
# License Agreement (ok)
# Requirements Check (ok )
# Database Configuration (Can not set up ) what did i miss ?

it's saying "Error There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation"

Database Engine: MYSQL
Database Server Hostname: Localhost
Database Username: do i just enter it here or do i set it up somewhere else ?
Database Password: do i just enter it here or somewhere else ?
Database Name: what name do i just enter it here ?
Table Prefix: mybb_ do i just leave this like this ?
Table Encoding: UTF-8 (this is obvious english)

So can someone please tell me iv tried everything that makes sense to me and i still don't get it ? on the setup..

thanks....[/b]
have you transfered the mybb site from other host to a new host? if

you have to edit "config.php" file which you will fine in "your directory to site/inc/config.php" just edit it and type your host info dataBase info...
and you are done Big Grin
You have to check your SQL details are correct. Depending on the host the sql server can be something other than localhost. The db name, username and password are usually created by you in the host's control panel.

For more information on Installation please see [Wiki: Installer] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Have you actually made a database yet...?? You don't just enter the name of it in the installer, it has to have already been made...
Who's your host? Most hosts have the SQL info in their CP. Look for something similar to SQL manager or Database manager.etc.

It will probably say "Server Name".

Something similar to this: <your-database-name>.yourhost's-sql.com