MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration form problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just registered on this forum and got caught in a loop where the form said the captcha code was wrong (in red, at the top), but the message near the captcha code said it was correct. I refreshed the code over and over, trying again and again. It kept giving two different messages.

I'm using FF 3.5.5 on Win 7.

Regarding the Registration form:

1. It's confusing to have two types of messages: big red error message at top, and java-driven(?) message near each field. The field messages should be styled so they're more easily seen. Ex. drawn in a box, with a pastel yellow or green background whether they indicate a warning or information.

2. It's confusing the way the registration page doesn't display at the top of the page when you press "submit," and there's an error. I pressed "submit" and it seemed like it did nothing. I had to scroll up to see the red error.

3. It should always refresh the captcha image. I pressed submit over and over but the captcha image didn't change. I had to refresh it myself. (I've read that it's a security issue if it keeps using the same captcha image, promoting the user to try to solve the same image multiple times.).
For point 2, it might be your browser. I think there are some that bring you back to your original viewing position if it detects a refresh of the page...