MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New users must make an introduction post after registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there anyway that I can make a new user post an introduction post as the last part of the registration process.

I know there is one that makes a post if a new user registers, but I want it so that the new users have to make at least one post in the new member intro section before being able to be an active member
+1 on this
This could be done without the need of a plugin, just follow these steps :

1- Block all forums access, except the "new member intro section" forum, for a normal registered member.
2- Create a new group having access to all forums.

3- Create a new "group promotion" that will promote a normal member to the new group after 1 post.

As simple as this! Wink
(2009-12-13, 07:23 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]This could be done without the need of a plugin, just follow these steps :

1- Block all forums access, except the "new member intro section" forum, for a normal registered member.

3- Create a new "group promotion" that will promote a normal member to the new group after 1 post.

As simple as this! Wink

But then they would have to wait for code modification to be done. If you still need it, I will create a plugin for it if I have time as it is similar to another plugin I created.
(2009-12-14, 09:18 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-13, 07:23 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]This could be done without the need of a plugin, just follow these steps :

As simple as this! Wink

But then they would have to wait for code modification to be done. If you still need it, I will create a plugin for it if I have time as it is similar to another plugin I created.

Which "code modification" are you writing about? These are normal features of MyBB and no extra code is needed to achieve this functionality. Huh

Many MyBB administrators use this to promote their members to a "special" group having access to "special" forums when they have a certain amount of posts. This is no different...
You could also set the forum permissions so the new users cannot see any other forums but the "Introductions" - Put in the description: "You must post here to reveal all other forums". Then when they post bump them up to the user group and they can see all (Y)
I finished the plugin. Just upload the file, and activate. Set the options in settings. Tell me if you need anything else.

Edit:

@thersdaily, that would take too long. He is looking for something that as soon as they post it lets them access them I believe.

Oh, and btw, the way I designed the plugin is so that it allows them to view the forums, but if they go to view or create any thread it will say they must post in whatever the forum you set is first.

Edit 2:

Forgot to allow posts in that forum. Fixed.
Thanks for the plugin, It all checks out on that side, great for upgrading status group permissions.

I might have been a little unclear about what I was looking for though, I was looking for a way to make the introduction post a part of the registration process.
Well I don't have time to look into adding it into the registering process. Hopefully I will be able to create that, well I hope that plugin at least helps someone. But it does make them post in that forum before they can do anything else, so you should be able to use that for now.
This plugin crasch my forum.
New user redirect to http//:mysite.c0.pl/newthread.php?fid=
and nor index.php
Mybb 1.6.8
You can not go anywhere, uninstall plugin did not help.
Pages: 1 2