MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Building a server at work today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tis gonna be awesome. Will take pics if am i allowed too. Big Grin

I'm like a kid building with lego all over again.
Nice, how many G's of Ram?
64GB. I don't understand though! This is to replace the server that we never got a function working for SQL, and its almost the same expect this has way more ram! Also my boss lied. All we did was assemble. For some reason it was all installed, disasembled and sent to us :?
Having huge amounts of RAM is not uncommon. Smaller start-ups will usually do it to offer all of their services off of one power hungry server instead of collocating multiple servers.
(2009-12-14, 01:37 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Having huge amounts of RAM is not uncommon. Smaller start-ups will usually do it to offer all of their services off of one power hungry server instead of collocating multiple servers.

This isn't our first one. And this SQL server will have one task running for the flu clinics, which we aren't having one this year at our city... So 64gb that stay doing nothing all year. (We have 5 other windows servers, to manage users, drives, programs, websites/emails, and Blackberry server.)

And now we have a HP one with 8gb of ram thats not used for anything. I guess a t/t server is its future...