MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Confirmation Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tried to enable email confirmations for new registrants. But the majority of them don't receive them. I know some people were having the same problem a while ago. Is there a fix for this?
Are u using the latest mybb??

also make sure they are not in the junk folder.

regards
It may be a problem with your configuration of sendmail (or postfix). Does your mail server allow you to mask who the sender is?
Yep I'm using the latest version. And I don't think they're ending up in the junk email.

I have another forum site using vbulletin on the same server, it doesn't seem to experience this problem.
Is anyone else having this problem?
well many have reported having the same problem Confused

1. Gangsta
  2. ta7seenov
  3. skeletor
  4. etc..

regards
Some of my members have also reported problems with resetting their passwords. They get the first email, but never get the second email with the temporary password.
Are the messages being marked as spam and caught in the spam filter of their email inbox?

Also, these members, are they all using a similar email service such as Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL or are they all using different service providers?

Chris
Yahoo seems to be a problem. I tested it with my gmail account and it worked fine.
I believe theirs a property mentioned somewhere where you can set the mail priority to 1, making it important, and fixing the problem with yahoo.
Pages: 1 2 3