MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spambot Invasion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else getting invaded by spambots recently? Especially the ones with Indian IPs.

I don't really want to ban India as a whole, I don't think the situation calls for that drastic an action yet. But after putting in reCaptcha on the registration form, banning and deleting posts and individual IP addresses, they're still coming in.

Any ideas on how to stop them? Is anyone else suffering this wave?
check all the ips
if all are
blah.blah.102.xxx
blah.blah.102.xxx
blah.blah.102.xxx
blah.blah.102.xxx
blah.blah.102.xxx
just ban the "blah.blah.102.***" or something like that
xD you will ban all the ips that haves 102.something
I would just ban freaking India it's only 1/6 out of the worlds population xD. Maybe ban China too Wink.
(2009-12-14, 02:16 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I would just ban freaking India it's only 1/6 out of the worlds population xD. Maybe ban China too Wink.

and if he's indian? Huh
I would suggest him to move xD.
(2009-12-14, 02:25 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest him to move xD.

ROFLCOPTER
You can use my fight spam plugin to reduce the spamming posts rather thann banning all the ip range.
Look at all top site Alexa rank and check this thing "users come from these countries:". You will find India in top 3 most of the time. And I don't think its a good plan to ban India.

Btw I am proud to be an Indian.

[Image: 24dliyx.png]
It's never occurred to me to check the IPs of the spammers here Toungue
(2009-12-14, 10:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's never occurred to me to check the IPs of the spammers here Toungue
We really need to get a fail/fp emotion with Matt's face on it Big Grin.
Pages: 1 2