MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some serious failing here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've CHMODED everything correct and I've been following the guide exactly. But still i get:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Why's that?
Answer's in a sticky thread.

Can't link as I'm on a proxy.
Here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42160.html

@Matt why are you on a proxy Toungue?
(2009-12-14, 01:58 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42160.html

@Matt why are you on a proxy Toungue?

Good question Angel
"Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Are you sure the files are where they are suppose to be?
did you checked big letters...

i mean
jpg
JPG

and did you check Folders chmod?
(2009-12-14, 04:48 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]"Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

That's in most of these ACP 403 errors, not really sure why.
The reason why is that the hosts don't have their ErrorDocument settings correct in their webserver config. And the users haven't used .htaccess to set a custom one.
(2009-12-14, 06:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-14, 04:48 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]"Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

That's in most of these ACP 403 errors, not really sure why.

Because when 403 (or similar) errors happen you can setup apache to give a custom html error page as a response. This is simply saying that there was none found to display instead of their default ugly error.