MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I m looking for adding more functions to Attachment management

Mine is download forum. and i have the required softwares, ebooks , flash games, and pictures in my host.

I need help / suggestion on how to include those files in post as attachments without downloading and uploading again or providing link..

i also need a plugin that will allow URL Upload in attachments.

i mean instead of giving a path to file in computer, we will give url of the file and plugin to should download it to attachment folder of my mybb folder and and insert it into post.
Cool forum, can I have a link?
Could you be more specific? Can't you just upload the attachment?
that would be rework. i have all the files already in my host server and i dont have back up copy in my desktop. this means i have download them all and i have to upload one by one.

i think url upload method is simple i guess..

my request is simple, along with normal upload option available for adding attachments, i request for url upload option also in which we will provide the link of the file and its automatically transloaded to the attachment folder and entry is added in DB for the paticular attachment
Hmm, maybe hire someone to make it won't cost that much.

You could also just post the link to the download instead of uploading it as an attachment. Also you could download all the files at once with a simple FTP manager...
Yeah i m considering this option if i couldnt find the url upload method. But the problem it wont displa how many people have downloaded it. like in Attachment.

Is it possible to display how many hits the paticular link posted in the forum has got ?

i can get the number hits the thread has got. but to get number of hits the particular link in a thread has got.

sometimes i have multiple links in one thread/post