MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: number of users in a group is off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was going through my forum users/groups today to ban a few human spammers and noticed that the number of super mods and admins is off. We have 4 admins and 4 super mods on our board; it's showing 8 super mods and 7 admins. I'll attach photos to show what I mean...any way to rebuild the # of users?
[attachment=16559]
[attachment=16560]
[attachment=16561]
The number of members of the groups is calculated from the user belonging to a group in realtime - no caching.
That means you do have 8 super users and 7 admins.

If you list the members of the Super user Group and of the Admin group: How many do you get displayed ?

From my point: you where hacked.
(2009-12-15, 09:56 PM)Nifty Wrote: [ -> ]The number of members of the groups is calculated from the user belonging to a group in realtime - no caching.
That means you do have 8 super users and 7 admins.

If you list the members of the Super user Group and of the Admin group: How many do you get displayed ?

From my point: you where hacked.

read my original post..it has 3 screenshots..it lists only 4 users in the super mod and admin group with it showing 'all' users in the group.
How can you go so far as to say they were hacked simply because of this?? Let's not put unnecessary panic into people before investigating a bit first...

Check people's additional usergroups too. If they're not there, run these queries:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS admins FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `usergroup` = '4';
SELECT COUNT(*) AS supermods FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `usergroup` = '3';
SELECT COUNT(*) AS additional_admins FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `additionalgroups` LIKE '%,4,%';
SELECT COUNT(*) AS additional_supermods FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `additionalgroups` LIKE '%,3,%';

How many results for each?? Should be 4, 4, 0, 0.

Edit: Major typo Toungue
Could it be that you set the group as primary AND as secondary groups at userlevel ?
that would explain this
(2009-12-15, 10:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]How can you go so far as to say they were hacked simply because of this?? Let's not put unnecessary panic into people before investigating a bit first...

Check people's additional usergroups too. If they're not there, run these queries:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS admins WHERE `usergroup` = '4';
SELECT COUNT(*) AS supermods WHERE `usergroup` = '3';
SELECT COUNT(*) AS additional_admins WHERE `additionalgroups` LIKE '%,4,%';
SELECT COUNT(*) AS additional_supermods WHERE `additionalgroups` LIKE '%,3,%';

How many results for each?? Should be 4, 4, 0, 0.

getting this error after running the 1st query:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE usergroup = '4'' at line 1
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) AS admins WHERE usergroup = '4';
He forgot part of the statement, the FROM users portion, as in:
SELECT COUNT(*) AS `admins` FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `usergroup` = '4';

Just put that in the same spot in each of the queries. You notice I have my prefix ( mybb_ ) in mine, that's safer.
I thought something looked a bit weird Shy
(2009-12-15, 11:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I thought something looked a bit weird Shy

Its all good Matt, you've helped me enough that picking up your typo is the least I can do Toungue
Toungue I updated my original post too to avoid any future confusion.
Pages: 1 2