MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum issues with server update from php 4 to 5.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my forum worked perfectly until my host updated their php from vers 4 to 5.2 yesterday.

Now I get occassional 'white paging', when click attach image, or click submit post - instead of the usual php processing - it immediately gives me a white page (and usually doesn't complete the action - such as submit the post or attach the image/file).

I worked with my host to test if this was due to the upgrade - and it is. Once rolled back to php 4, everything worked fine.

Any idea what's up? Host will have to move everyone on my server to 5.2 soon - I run mybb 1.4.10 - it's supposed to run with up to php 5.3...

?????

Sorry I can't really provide more information.

Oh, he also had no errors on the host side of things, so he's not sure what the issue is.
He rolled me back to php 4.4.9, and mySQL engine is MySQL 5.0.88.

The more you know... =p
A link to your forums would be helpful. And I'm sure one of the staff (likely MattRogowski) will ask you to PM them a login where they can look things over (Don't do it until/unless he asks). But we really need more info in order to help you.

I myself have run MyBB on php 5.2.9, 5.2.11, 5.3RC1, and 5.3.1 (Current) with no problems. I even (for a little while) ran MyBB 1.4.9 on php 5.3RC1 and ignored the time/date warnings.

So I know for a fact we should be kosher for your server.

One thing I would suggest is to verify you don't for some reason have corrupted files (since this is easy and you can do it while waiting for staff to get here and help) by reuploading 1.4.10 from the full file set download. Just in case, since this never hurts as a first step.

Also, please let us know what plugins you have.
No plugins whatsoever, and I just installed the forum a little over a week ago.

I'd rather not reupload the whole thing.. I don't want to make a small problem a bigger one by messing with things and frustrating the hell out of myself.

My forums contain adult artwork, so I try not to post them publicly unless absolutely necessary.
Ok, PM me a link, and I'll see what I can do to help. Though uploading the files wont affect anything in a negative way.

If you feel you can trust me, you can also PM me a link to an admin login and I'll look around in the ACP and see if I can find anything messed up there. Though I doubt there's an issue.