MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index title [Help Needed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello (Team MYbb Forum)

You all are doing marvelous job. I have got a problem and need you attention.

I have found the setting of the title index name from "admincp>General Configuration>>Board Name"

The problem is that I want to add a bit lengthy index title but don't know how to that??

I have following problem with the up given settings after adding "Board Name"

1. See in the pic below that by adding a bit longer title forum name also extend I want to add the index title only..............

[Image: 002-6.jpg]

Please help. I want to keep "the board name short and a long "index title".

as you can see the index title and "Board name are same.......Sleepy

[Image: indextitle.jpg]
You'll need to edit the "Index Page Templates" in the Admin CP. Go to the Themes & Style tab, and then templates (on the left). Edit whichever theme you want this to apply to, and expand Index Page Templates. You need to edit the index template, and alter the <title> tag to whatever you want it to say...
Thanks Brother I have replace <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

will my own "title" Is working well but technically it is is it alright??
It's fine, just keep in mind that in a future update of myBB you might need to change it again since it will get overwritten by the default value
(2009-12-16, 12:10 PM)bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It's fine, just keep in mind that in a future update of myBB you might need to change it again since it will get overwritten by the default value

ok that's fine I will keep that in mind. Blush