MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing MyBB forum language with 1 link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, is there a possibility to change a mybb language with one click with no need to enter the users cp? I want to make a link that wil change tha language instantly, visible on index page.

Thank youSmile
You already have this functionality in your AdminCP in the "General Configuration" Settings section of the "Configuration" tab. Just enable the "Show Language Selector in Footer" setting.
Thank you, but I know this, the thing I would like to do is to make a link, on the top of the page, not selecting box, but "one click" link, which will change the language.
The easy way would be to put a link like this, somewhere inside your "header" template:

<a href="?language=french&fid={$mybb->input['fid']}&tid={$mybb->input['tid']}&pid={$mybb->input['pid']}">French</a>

Just replace the language for the one you need.
OK, thank youSmile

edit:

didnt workWink

The easiest wayxD was to stupid to think about that...;P

<a href="http://diablo-slayers.pl/index.php?language=english" target="_top">English please</a>
It's a post request isn't it?? If it is it can't be done by putting parameters into the URL.
(2009-12-16, 05:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's a post request isn't it?? If it is it can't be done by putting parameters into the URL.

The standard language form in the footer is using GET as the method...
(2009-12-16, 04:35 PM)chris666 Wrote: [ -> ]...
didnt workWink

It was tested successfully on two of my forums, before i posted the solution to you! Wink
(2009-12-16, 05:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's a post request isn't it?? If it is it can't be done by putting parameters into the URL.

It works for me MattWink
OK Smile