MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server Overloads on v 1.4.10 a big problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I started experiencing server overload notices from my hosting company yesterday and after some thorough checking and determining it is NOT any plugins due to having them disabled I need to post here.

This is what they sent me in regard to my account.

Quote:We are notifying you that your account, or a portion or feature of your account has caused an overload on one of our servers. We have a shared hosting environment that we must maintain at a certain level of performance. This performance is monitored and balanced by us, however there are times when accounts can cause the server’s load to increase degrading the performance for all other customers on this server.

To protect your account from further action you must agree to our request for compliance. Please respond to this message stating your intent to do so. You may either log into your control panel with us, and access this ticket via the 24/7 help desk, or provide this ticket number to our Live Chat or phone representatives.

Please contact us to resolve this matter.

DataBase xxx_tkmybb|xxx_skincity|xxx_recipes|xxx_nhl chmoded to zero

Time: 86% (7796 sec) Amount: 95% (22 queries) Rows Examined/Sent: 82 / 82 Avg. Query Exec/Lock Time: 354 / 0 sec.
use xxx_recipes; SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache;

Time: 13% (1252 sec) Amount: 4% (1 queries) Rows Examined/Sent: 731 / 101 Avg. Query Exec/Lock Time: 1252 / 0 sec.
use xxx_skincity; SELECT title,template FROM mybb_templates WHERE title IN ('' ,'showthread' ,'postbit' ,'postbit_author_user' ,'postbit_author_guest' ,'showthread_newthread' ,'showthread_newreply' ,'showthread_newreply_closed' ,'postbit_sig' ,'showthread_newpoll' ,'postbit_avatar' ,'postbit_profile' ,'postbit_find' ,'postbit_pm' ,'postbit_www' ,'postbit_email' ,'postbit_edit' ,'postbit_quote' ,'postbit_report' ,'postbit_signature' ,'postbit_online' ,'postbit_offline' ,'postbit_away' ,'postbit_gotopost' ,'showthread_ratethread' ,'showthread_inline_ratethread' ,'showthread_moderationoptions' ,'multipage_prevpage' ,'multipage_next ... [too long]

Total Time : 9048 sec / Date : 2009-12-12

Now the only database out of all of them listed that has been upgraded is xxx_skincity the others are still running 1.4.9 and two of them are closed and not being used by members for posting at all right now.

I'm getting insane server loads ranging from 1.09 all the way to 3.97 and these are only on page refreshes in various areas of the board including the index page.

I can't have server loads on my boards from over activity - the site is quiet right now and not very many members posting or downloading. This time of year all my sites slow down too - people are busy.

I'm using IX Webhosting and they stayed on the phone with me over an hour last night trying to figure out where this is coming from and they keep saying xxx_skincity database.

Now the sucky part..... I thought I backed up my database but for the life of me I cannot find it. I guess I never did.
I upgraded on the 3rd of December.
My hosting company cannot get me a backup due to them rolling past the two week mark so we'd only back up what is wrong now.

They suggested I just replace the files with the old version but I don't think that will work without crashing the board and killing everything unless there were NO database calls on the upgrade? Is that correct?

Anyone have any suggestions?
Attached is a screen shot of the stats
Another server overloads case. ??
Yes, and my local copy with no plugins, no mods, and no themes (100% stock install of MyBB) running on PHP 5.3.1 is doing the exact same thing. Page loads are all over the place. 0.84 to 4.02 on just refreshing the index page every 30 seconds or so. Something is definitely not right here.
The only thing the upgrade script did for 1.4.9 to 1.4.10 is revert a few template, your forum won't implode if it's used 1.4.9 files. I refreshed my forum about 50 times and the stats were pretty much the same every time...
I'm not sure what this could be offhand either, I didn't have time to review all the code changes between 1.4.9 and 1.4.10. But there is no reason that just loading the index.php on a stock install with only 2 users on it, and only one of them active, to jump to a server load of over 4. No reason at all. Though I downloaded the 1.4.10 package pretty early. Maybe I should download the full file set, put it on my test board, and see what happens then. Maybe this is related to one of the corrected bugs.
(2009-12-16, 05:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing the upgrade script did for 1.4.9 to 1.4.10 is revert a few template, your forum won't implode if it's used 1.4.9 files. I refreshed my forum about 50 times and the stats were pretty much the same every time...

Does that mean if I put the old files back in It would be OK?

I spoke with my hosting company again - same tech - and we decided to keep an eye on things and see if it is a fluke.

He also said he got the same alert on another site this week, very low activity and very few members (under 100). But it was an InvisionBoard.

So who knows? He's going to keep watch on it, see if others start doing the same and look to see if all of them have recent updates to the software. Maybe there's some kind of connection to the PHP engine or something along those lines. But if nothing else, it would show it's not exclusive to MyBB but to some kind of update. Hell, it could wind up being them with the problem too.
Try to find those queries in your debug info and post it here. Maybe it does not use an index which would explain the queries being slow. You can add index using SQL or phpMyAdmin...
You obviously didn't pay attention to the fact that this is happening on a fresh install on my local test server as well. But yes, MY db is properly indexed. I can't speak Goggalor's offhanded, but it SHOULD be.
On the index page, have a look at the debug info. Refresh it a few times, and when it goes higher than you expect, note down what the queries are and which tables are affected.
With 5.28 Server load

Here's the page generation stats:
Page Generation
Page Generation Statistics
Page Generation Time: 	0.053983926773071 seconds 	No. DB Queries: 	9
PHP Processing Time: 	0.0491307 seconds (91.01%) 	DB Processing Time: 	0.0048532 seconds (8.99%)
Extensions Used: 	mysql, xml 	Global.php Processing Time: 	0.0322969 seconds
PHP Version: 	5.3.1 	Server Load: 	5.28
GZip Encoding Status: 	Disabled 	No. Templates Used: 	37 (44 Cached / 0 Manually Loaded)
Memory Usage: 	3.25 MB (3407872 bytes) 	Memory Limit: 	64M

And the db queries.
Database Queries (9 Total)
#1 - Write Query
SET NAMES 'utf8'
Query Time: 0.00012302398681641

#2 - Select Query
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache
table 	type 	possible_keys 	key 	key_len 	ref 	rows 	Extra
mybb_datacache 	ALL 					25 	
Query Time: 0.00047206878662109

#3 - Select Query
SELECT * FROM mybb_sessions WHERE sid='7cfcf0b345fe79d13b3a022915418c67' AND ip='127.0.0.1' LIMIT 1
mybb_sessions 	const 	PRIMARY,ip 	PRIMARY 	98 	const 	1 	
Query Time: 0.00033307075500488

#4 - Select Query
SELECT u.*, f.* FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1' LIMIT 1
u 	const 	PRIMARY 	PRIMARY 	4 	const 	1 	
f 	const 	PRIMARY 	PRIMARY 	4 	const 	1 	
Query Time: 0.00047898292541504

#5 - Write Query
UPDATE mybb_sessions SET `uid`='1', `time`='1261059687', `location`='/bbs/mybb/index.php?debug=1', `useragent`='Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091106 Mandriva Linux/1.9.1.5-0.1mdv2010', `location1`='0', `location2`='0', `nopermission`='0' WHERE sid='7cfcf0b345fe79d13b3a022915418c67' LIMIT 1
Query Time: 0.00029206275939941

#6 - Select Query
SELECT name, tid, properties, stylesheets FROM mybb_themes WHERE def='1' LIMIT 1
mybb_themes 	ALL 					2 	Using where
Query Time: 0.00028300285339355

#7 - Select Query
SELECT title,template FROM mybb_templates WHERE title IN ('' ,'index' ,'index_whosonline' ,'index_welcomemembertext' ,'index_welcomeguest' ,'index_whosonline_memberbit' ,'forumbit_depth1_cat' ,'forumbit_depth1_forum' ,'forumbit_depth2_cat' ,'forumbit_depth2_forum' ,'forumbit_depth1_forum_lastpost' ,'forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost' ,'index_modcolumn' ,'forumbit_moderators' ,'forumbit_subforums' ,'index_welcomeguesttext' ,'index_birthdays_birthday' ,'index_birthdays' ,'index_pms' ,'index_loginform' ,'index_logoutlink' ,'index_stats' ,'forumbit_depth3' ,'forumbit_depth3_statusicon' ,'index_boardstats' ,'css' ,'headerinclude' ,'header' ,'footer' ,'gobutton' ,'htmldoctype' ,'header_welcomeblock_member' ,'header_welcomeblock_guest' ,'header_welcomeblock_member_admin' ,'global_pm_alert' ,'global_unreadreports' ,'nav' ,'nav_sep' ,'nav_bit' ,'nav_sep_active' ,'nav_bit_active' ,'footer_languageselect' ,'header_welcomeblock_member_moderator' ,'redirect' ,'error') AND sid IN ('-2','-1','1') ORDER BY sid ASC
mybb_templates 	ALL 					553 	Using where; Using filesort
Query Time: 0.0015769004821777

#8 - Select Query
SELECT s.sid, s.ip, s.uid, s.time, s.location, s.location1, u.username, u.invisible, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup FROM mybb_sessions s LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (s.uid=u.uid) WHERE s.time>'1261058787' ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.time DESC
s 	range 	time 	time 	8 		2 	Using where; Using temporary; Using filesort
u 	eq_ref 	PRIMARY 	PRIMARY 	4 	Joan_myBB.s.uid 	1 	
Query Time: 0.00045490264892578

#9 - Select Query
SELECT f.*, fr.dateline AS lastread FROM mybb_forums f LEFT JOIN mybb_forumsread fr ON (fr.fid=f.fid AND fr.uid='1') WHERE f.active != 0 ORDER BY pid, disporder
f 	ALL 					9 	Using where; Using filesort
fr 	eq_ref 	fid 	fid 	8 	Joan_myBB.f.fid,const 	1 	
Query Time: 0.00053310394287109

Template Statistics
Templates Used (Loaded for this Page) - 37 Total
global_pm_alert, index, header_welcomeblock_member, header_welcomeblock_member_moderator, header_welcomeblock_member_admin, redirect, gobutton, forumbit_depth2_forum, forumbit_depth3, forumbit_depth3_statusicon, forumbit_subforums, footer, headerinclude, nav_sep, nav_sep_active, header_welcomeblock_guest, header, forumbit_depth1_cat, global_unreadreports, index_loginform, index_whosonline, index_stats, index_birthdays_birthday, forumbit_moderators, index_birthdays, index_logoutlink, error, index_whosonline_memberbit, forumbit_depth2_cat, nav, nav_bit, nav_bit_active, htmldoctype, footer_languageselect, index_boardstats, forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost, forumbit_depth1_forum_lastpost

Templates Requiring Additional Calls (Not Cached at Startup) - 0 Total
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5