MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help helper will be apprciated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1z5sz5v.jpg]

I am having so many Search result of one post (which includes replies also) and i want that my search system only search for topics (means only one thread in which all replies are includes)

and not extar results for replies
What?? Those are two totally separate posts, just in the same thread. If you chose to display search results as posts, that's how it shows... there's an option on the search page to display as threads.
dude i am not talking about the search page ......

i am talking about the search button (search this forum-button) which is under any section of forum for searching topics and post...

any idea so that this search button will only search for topics (means only one Result of One threads)

i will not show seperate post......

helper will be appreciated..waiting for your replies
It would have been very helpful to have actually said you meant that search box to begin with Rolleyes

In the forumdisplay_searchforum template, try adding:

<input type="hidden" name="showresults" value="threads" />

before:

</form><br />
thnks a million but its not showing the author column ( for author column i am using plugin but in search results its not showing the author coloum)

and in searched thread it is marking our searched word with diffrent colour ......

and i want that my search box will be little bit on upper side
I dunno why it doesn't show the author there, it uses the same templates as the normal search, it's doing the same thing...

That always happens with searches, it's a feature, it highlights your search terms for you.
friends any other code chnges to make a auhtor column in search results also
I don't know, I didn't write the plugin, I'll move this to plugin support.
bump: