MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Regarding user view permission (threads)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there anyway to set the permissions for a sub forum so only the thread creator + moderators (or a custom group, doesn't matter ) + Administrators can view and reply to it?

My idea is to use this as a "submit ticket" function. If not, do anyone of you guys know about a Submit trouble ticket plugin for MyBB that works as Registered user submit a ticket, then using a panel a specific group can view the ticket and reply etc etc, just like a real submit ticket software without the email part.
Currently the ability to only view your own threads would need a plugin, however it has been included in 1.6.
So all i have to do is to update to the newest MyBB?

EDIT:

If not, i found this. : http://mods.mybboard.net/view/view-own-threads Would that work?
It's not released yet, no ETA on when it will be, but it'll be included whenever it is released.

And that should work, give it a go Smile
Ok i did, however I as an administrator can't view the posts either, i think the script is broken.

Settings:

View Own Threads ForumIDs
In What Forums Can A User Only See His Threads? (Seperate By Comma)
=13

View Own Threads User Groups
What usergroups can see all threads.
= Administrators

Did i do something wrong? All works but the thing where I as an admin should be able to view all threads and reply.
Put 4 instead of Administrators, it's usually based on group ID rather than name.
Marry me? Wink It worked case closed.