MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable "IP Lookup"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

is there a way to disable or remove the "IP Lookup" function from the "Who's Online" list & from the ModCP? I want to get rid of the IP Lookup function.
I do not believe you can out of the box.
You could always just remove it in templates. There is also a plugin to restrict access to parts of the modcp.
Why disable it when you can just ignore it?
(2009-12-17, 03:55 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Why disable it when you can just ignore it?

I think he wants to stop his mods from seeing the ip addresses.
Why dont you disable it from admincp ? its in admincp » Configuration » Posting

Log Posting IP Addresses
Do you wish to log ip addresses of users who post, and who you want to show ip addresses to.
1) Do not log IP
2) Show to Admins & Mods
3) Show to all Users

------------------------------------

Just Click on option 1 and click Save Settings at the bottom Smile
Not logging IPs is a dumb idea.
I want to know what I have to edit out of the templates to get rid of the "IP Lookup" function all in all.
(2009-12-17, 04:45 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Not logging IPs is a dumb idea.

Technically MyBB still logs the IPs though. I mentioned this to MyBB staff but it was pretty much ignored. The only thing it does it prevent viewing of IPs in the front end. If you turn on logging then you can see all the IPs of posts even when logging was off. Not really how it should be especially when you tell people that you aren't logging their IPs. I was very unhappy when I found this out.

It should of been a fixed bug instead of ignored.
in the future, MyBB should be add
1) Do not log IP
2) Show to Admins & Mods
2a) Show only to administrator
3) Show to all Users

Smile
Pages: 1 2