MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View Own Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2009-12-21, 12:29 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1467.html

That was posted in 2008, the old plugin I based this off of was in early 2007, so this is not applicable to it.
MyLicense:
All My Plugins fall under this license
All would usually mean before and after.
Also last time i checked if you want to be all legal about it if there is nothing saying, you must contact to use it.
This looks like an excellent plug in. I also had a look at your forum - looks sharp; offers code, gives help, no need for fancy bells and whistles to hide a lack of content. Nice job.
This plugin will overwrite the "Can view threads within forum?" Permission?
I need one that can do that.
Because I have set the forum to private and added the forum id to the plugin but I can't see my own threads...
No, it is a separate permission. It does not overwrite it, but it allows users to only view their own threads in the specified forum(s).
Ahh.
A plugin like this can be done?
[attachment=16928]
Then you could disable the "Can view threads within forum?" and enable the "Can view own threads in the forum that you can't view other's threads?" and the person will see his threads.
Just use it the way it is currently in the plugin, what's the difference?
Because I have a forum that can't be seen by the member but he can post there.
Would be better if he could see his own thread and the replies that are in it.
He can, that's what the plugin does.... Look at the plugin before you request something to do the same thing.
lol? Try to do this and you will see that I'm right.
Create a forum and edit the permission for one group and remove the "Can view threads within forum?". Activate the plugin and put the FID of the forum you created... The user do not see his own threads.. I tested it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5