MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Intergration with CakePHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, has anyone succesfuly intergrated MyBB with a cakephp website, - I am looking into forum options
Not that I know of. Most people who have made sites around mybb have done it without a framework(to my knowledge).
(2009-12-17, 10:57 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I know of. Most people who have made sites around mybb have done it without a framework(to my knowledge).

Yep. Only two CMS's have bridges. One of them is unsupported for MyBB, and the bridge is really crap. Joomla! with Jfusion that was by the way Toungue I believe http://www.contentteller.com/en/ Also works with MyBB. But i think the free version isn't good.
He's not talking about prebuilt CMSs though. His is custom and there have been a couple of custom CMSs built around MyBB.
Not sure about Intergration with CakePHP, but I do know about jFusion...

(2009-12-18, 02:23 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. Only two CMS's have bridges. One of them is unsupported for MyBB, and the bridge is really crap. Joomla! with Jfusion that was by the way....
Hi Mark,

Saying bad things about Joomla! itself will never draw a response from me, but why, exactly (if you don't mind me asking), are you calling jFusion "crap?"

1) Have you, personally, ever tried to use jFusion with MyBB?
2) Did you succeed or fail? Toungue

3a) If the answer to #2 is fail, why did you fail?
The jFusion system is intuitive, and setting up a fully working dual-login with MyBB is an awesome thing for a non-programmer to be able to do.
3b) If the answer to #2 is you succeeded, then why call it "crap?"

4) Do you know why the MyBB plugin is not supported?
5) Why call any Open-source project (with a large following) crap? Would you want people saying that about MyBB? Angel
#1 Joomla is crap Toungue
#2 MyBB isn't supported to much because none with developer skills stepped up to do it. (there is a pretty long thread about this in one of the mod forums Toungue)
#6(randomly decided to use your number system Big Grin) Just because a lot people follow it doesn't make it good. Look at the USSR or modern day america.

Edit: Thought of a better example! Nazi Germany!
#2 MyBB isn't supported to much because none with developer skills stepped up to do it. (there is a pretty long thread about this in one of the mod forums Toungue)

This is the correct answer for question #4, please pay attention to deatails. Toungue

#6(randomly decided to use your number system Big Grin) Just because a lot people follow it doesn't make it good. Look at the USSR or modern day america.

This is the correct answer for item #6, and I have no comment (except to say both countries still have some wonderful people living there)

#
OK...
Q) ...so how do we learn to integrate MyBB with other software?
A) Anybody want some Cookies with their Cake?
  • Seriously, is the (secure) 'salted password' the main reason why MyBB is so hard to integrate, or is it cookie issues, or both?
I like Joomla! But Jfusion is crap. and the post they made about MyBB wasn't to nice either.
I'd pay for a custom bridge and release, before i would use Jfusion. (Which i am deeply considering)
OK...
I don't understand why you like Joomla and flush jFusion down the crapper.
It works really well.

#
...and the post they made about MyBB wasn't too nice either.

You are entitled to your opinion. I understand people who hate Joolma! refusing to help with jFusion, but still have no clue why you don't like that plugin.

##
An Inspiring Little Story:

What One Person Can Do

I clearly remember the original post from the MyBB user who sparked the creation of the MyBB jFusion plugin.

1) He barely knew much coding (at least not what was needed at the time)
2) He asked for help here at MyBB
3) He got no help here.
4) Then this MyBB user dived into the code, examples, etc, and the effort of one person made a real difference in creating something which functions very well today.

#
I find these details inspiring; You call it crap. Oh well, Happy Holidays anyway. Smile