MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error on final install page, PHP5, mySQL5, Ubuntu.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to install myBB 1.4.10 onto my webserver, I get to the last page and get an error with no code or reason. I've searched the forums and google but no joy. The closest thing I found was another member had installed PostgreSQL and he needed to change his variable declaration from int to bigint. I've tried that with mySQL, didn't work out.

I have included a screenshot of the error I get and another saying I have the requirements.

I have access to the host, so any changes can be done if needed.

Thanks in advance.
-Vince
It says it connected fine to the server when you entered the SQL details?
What engine are you using? (MySQL Improved or MySQL)
(2009-12-19, 01:32 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]It says it connected fine to the server when you entered the SQL details?
What engine are you using? (MySQL Improved or MySQL)

I'm not sure, I tried MySQL Improved and MySQL to see if either one would work. To clarify, I had gone through the myBB install with both options and they didn't work. It was able to make the myBB_ tables in MySQL, does that mean it connected fine?

If you meant what engine I have installed on the webserver, how would I go about finding out?
Hmm, I don't think it's that sort of problem. Open ./install/index.php, and remove (or comment out) lines 1948 - 1956 (database 'fulltext' indexing). Re-run the installer and see if that works.

If that fails to work, then put that back in, and comment out line 1959 (shutdown functions).

One of those two areas (or both) are causing the problem. I suspect it's the database ones...
(2009-12-22, 11:47 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I don't think it's that sort of problem. Open ./install/index.php, and remove (or comment out) lines 1948 - 1956 (database 'fulltext' indexing). Re-run the installer and see if that works.

If that fails to work, then put that back in, and comment out line 1959 (shutdown functions).

One of those two areas (or both) are causing the problem. I suspect it's the database ones...

I commented out lines 1948-1956, that did the trick. A great start to the new year! w00t!

Thanks Tomm and Polarbear541 for helping me out.
Hi guys,

I am having the exact same error, except mine fails at "Creating administrator account - Done"
I dont have "Building Administrator permissions - Done"

I tried commenting out full text columbs (1948 - 1956) - fail
I uncommented then comented out line 1959 - fail
I then tried to comment out both 1948-1956 and line 1959 and still failed.

Are there any more solutions to this problem? I think perhaps mine is slightly different?
Can you post your own thread rather than posting in someone else's about a possibly unrelated issue?? Thanks.