MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm Seeing Fast Page-loads and Very Low Server Loads With MyBB Test Sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got some feedback on MyBB?

Yes, I Do Have Some feedback:
People have recently reported high server loads which they think are caused by MyBB (even with no real traffic)
  • Here is some evidence which suggests the exact opposite, low sever loads:

Login to Putty / SSH
go to "Top"
load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 (Nice VPS Smile)

#
1st loading of the index page of a MyBB (14.10) test site with over 50 plugins
Server Load: 0.08

load average: 0.03, 0.01, 0.00

#
Loading a page with a long URL re-written by the Google SEO MyBB Plugin
Server Load: 0.00

load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

#
Back to index page

#
Loading MyPlaza Turbo

#
Loading Game Section:

#
Login To Admin:

#
Loading easy_admin1.php*
*This includes mamy extra queries due to having index.php, and two sections of ACP all in iFrames.

#
Back to index page

#
Loading UserCP

#
Back to index page on more time...

Obviously, I am expecting some loads with "real traffic", but to blame MyBB for server loads, from one user, is IMO incorrect.

Happy Holidays Everyone Smile
Again server load is quite dependent on the number of processors you have, the web server software you're running, etc.
(2009-12-18, 08:20 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Again server load is quite dependent on the number of processors you have, the web server software you're running, etc.

My friend's VPS running 3 public forums and one private only has an average load of 0.10... of course, it has Dual Dual-Core Opteron's running at 2.2GHz... so 4 cores... and hardly any usage lol. Lucky him.
(2009-12-18, 08:20 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Again server load is quite dependent on the number of processors you have, the web server software you're running, etc.

You're correct.

And for big forum, How good to adjust MySQL Configuration file. Wink
And choose good plugins/mod which not affected to performance too much.
Base on my experience, mods/plugins increasing Load 25%-75%.