MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server Load not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
In my site server load is not showing...can u tell me why? & how to enable this...

Generated in 0.1600392 seconds (42.59% PHP / 57.41% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 84 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0753222 / Memory Usage: 4.75 MB
PHP version: 5.2.10 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled
What operating system are you using?
u mean server me using unix server...

& in my laptop im using both windows xp & windows 7
I was experiencing the same thing on a fresh install of 1.4.10 when I tried. The server is running Ubuntu 8.04LTS 32-bit server (don't have exact version numbers of everything else offhand, but apache is 2.x, PHP is 5.x [think it's 5.2.4?], and MySQL is 5.x).

It doesn't really bother me, but I'm experiencing it too. I'm aware the load doesn't show for Windows servers on vBulletin, as it grabs it's three different time load variables straight from the OS itself which needs *nix, so I'm not sure if it's the same for MyBB, but this a Linux OS. It does show the load on the bottom of each page (hence it doesn't bother me), but not in the Administrator CP.
Hopefully I can bump this.

First of all, I thought it was showing at the bottom of each page, but I incorrectly assumed that since it didn't show "unknown", but rather, it always shows "0", so I assume it's not reading it right.

Secondly, it started working the other day (after an update of PHP), but then again, stopped and is showing "unknown" again now. I don't know what changed between then and now besides the update, which obviously doesn't seem to have been the cause. Maybe it worked after the update since I did a server reboot, and after some time, something is making it stop working?

Here is a screenshot of the data.

[attachment=16708]

Refreshing it over and again does not change or raise the value one bit. Server Load is always showing "0" for me, not "unknwon" like the OP (except for in the Admin CP), but clearly it's not working if the Admin CP says "unknown" and this always shows a flat "0".

In case it does matter, the CPU is a dual core Intel (E8400 @2.0GHz), though I'm not sure if that'd effect it not getting the load values. OS is in the previous post (it's Ubuntu 8.04LTS server 32-bit), and the PHP, MySQL, etc., versions can be seen in the screenshot. GZip is enabled and set to a value of "1". I should have initially stated this in my prior post, but the server is not slow to respond in the least when this happens, if it matters (and I'm dead positive the load isn't a literal 0). The MyBB forums are pretty much almost a bare stock and recent installation with no plug-ins, so may this be a Ubuntu or server setting cause instead? What's odd to me is that it doesn't always not work. It does work some of the time, but usually it does not.

Edit: I just tried restarting apache, and it did not fix the problem. I rebooted the server, and it did fix it, and now the load is showing. I don't know what could be causing it to eventually stop showing though.

Edit 2: I spoke too soon. Literally minutes after the reboot, it goes back to showing "unknown" and "0" for the Admin CP and the bottom of the page values respectively. What could be causing that to happen?
Create a .PHP file with the following code in it:
<?php phpinfo() ?>
Here it is.

http://www.princess-garnet.com/phpinfo.php

Using the "uptime" command via SSH also shows straight zeroes.
Is that your server or just a shared hosting account with jailed SSH access?
It's mine.
I'm out of ideas. Aside from your server being out of date and full of security holes I can't see anything that would cause the get_server_load() function to work and then stop working. Sorry. Sad
Pages: 1 2