MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there some here that could fix the User-agent Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to use this plugin but it has some problems when I Activate I seam to lose the Optimize Database In ACP/Tools & Maintenance/ Optimize Database it gets replaced with ACP/Tools & Maintenance/User-agent statistics

and the plugin before I Activate says this "Warning! Language files not found. Please make sure that you have properly uploaded the plugin."

But all the files are where they should be

Can some one help me
Which plugin are you using?
(2009-12-19, 01:06 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Which plugin are you using?

User Agent (1.4)
Shows icons and stats informing about poster's operating system and browser.
Created by bryn
This is where i got it
http://mods.mybboard.net/download/user-agent-2
that the one i am using

I would have posted this info but i did not know there was others like this cause i would have tryed a differnt one
"Bump"
All the files are NOT where they should be. You're probably missing the SECOND language file (inc/languages/<lang>/admin/useragent.lang.php). Because I just tried this from a fresh go and it works as expected.

Make sure you're:
A) Using a zip extractor that knows the preserves folders
B) Uploading the extracted folder structure (inc, admin, and images folders) to the MyBB Root folder. Then everything will be where it belongs.

Why? Because both lang files have the same name, and are differentiated only by where they're located and their contents.
However, the plugin does have the effect of eating the Optimize Database link. Weird.
(2010-01-05, 06:15 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]All the files are NOT where they should be. You're probably missing the SECOND language file (inc/languages/<lang>/admin/useragent.lang.php). Because I just tried this from a fresh go and it works as expected.

Make sure you're:
B) Uploading the extracted folder structure (inc, admin, and images folders) to the MyBB Root folder. Then everything will be where it belongs.

Why? Because both lang files have the same name, and are differentiated only by where they're located and their contents.
did you noticed there was "Optimize Database" data base any more after actavating
(2010-01-05, 06:17 PM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-05, 06:15 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]All the files are NOT where they should be. You're probably missing the SECOND language file (inc/languages/<lang>/admin/useragent.lang.php). Because I just tried this from a fresh go and it works as expected.

Make sure you're:

did you noticed there was "Optimize Database" data base any more after actavating
and the lang part i do realize that there is some wrong but i can not find it i to installed fresh but Optimize Database was still missing
Ok, its because of the value of 70 in this line (264) in the plugin file:
$sub_menu['70'] = array("id" => "useragent", "title" => $lang->ua_menuitem, "link" => "index.php?module=tools/useragent");

Change it to:
$sub_menu['170'] = array("id" => "useragent", "title" => $lang->ua_menuitem, "link" => "index.php?module=tools/useragent");

And it works fine. I've not messed with the admin cp $sub_menu array or anything like that, but I would guess that
$sub_menu[] = array("id" => "useragent", "title" => $lang->ua_menuitem, "link" => "index.php?module=tools/useragent");
would be even better since it would just add it to the array without overwriting any existing elements.

And upon testing this is what occurs; so use that.
(2010-01-05, 06:20 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, its because of the value of 70 in this line (264) in the plugin file:
$sub_menu['70'] = array("id" => "useragent", "title" => $lang->ua_menuitem, "link" => "index.php?module=tools/useragent");

Change it to:
$sub_menu['170'] = array("id" => "useragent", "title" => $lang->ua_menuitem, "link" => "index.php?module=tools/useragent");

And it works fine. I've not messed with the admin cp $sub_menu array or anything like that, but I would guess that
$sub_menu[] = array("id" => "useragent", "title" => $lang->ua_menuitem, "link" => "index.php?module=tools/useragent");
would be even better since it would just add it to the array without overwriting any existing elements.

And upon testing this is what occurs; so use that.

I waited for this answer a long time not this post but other ones when i first stared mybb over a year ago not know this was the problam

Thank you so very much