MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost admin panel password & forum does not accept new members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I have 2 problems:

1) lost the password to my admin panel.

Here, it is suggested that I need to run this query on phpMyAdmin (replacing 'X' with 'admin' in my case)

Quote:UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = 'X'

but when I do this, I receive this error message:

Quote:You have to choose at least one column to display

And I don't know which column need to be chosen.

2) For some reason, my forum does not accept new members. That's why I need first to get to admin panel.

Your help is much appreciated.
1. Where exactly are you going to run this?? If you're getting that error it doesn't look like it's the right place.

2. You're going to have to explain how it's not accepting members, there's very little we can do with just this information...
(2009-12-18, 07:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]1. Where exactly are you going to run this?? If you're getting that error it doesn't look like it's the right place.
I get this on the database of my forum. I just don't know which table should I choose to run the query.

Quote:2. You're going to have to explain how it's not accepting members, there's very little we can do with just this information...

It means that the registration is closed to all new applicants. Sorry, since it's a Persian site, I don't know the exact message in English.

Thanks for your attention.
1. Click the SQL tab along the top of the page and paste the query in there.

2. Find this line of ./inc/settings.php:

$settings['disableregs'] = "1";

Change the 1 to a 0 and save it. Remember that when you can get into the ACP, you need to make this change again in the ACP as normal.