MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Our myBB Can't Count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've had these problems for a while now and I don't know how to fix them. I've run the forum maintenance like "Recount and Rebuild" but the problems still persist. Our forums are located here: http://pokebeach.com/forums

1. Occasionally when you click "last" to see the last page of a thread, often times it will only show you the first page. The threads also overestimate how many pages they have, usually by one.

2. When you want to view a member's posts, it won't show you the most recent ones. It'll show posts from months ago first instead. http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/search.p...user&uid=1

I don't know what's causing these. Could our forum be too big or something?

Thank you in advance!
I've seen the "Ghost Page" issue elsewhere, and was looking for a solution on my own before posting a request for help here since I didn't see it except on one forum. :/
Some fixes have been made to the counters system since MyBB 1.4.8. I believe the fixes were made to the MyBB 1.6 (trunk) code. If you want to search for these fixes on the development site and apply them you may.

Otherwise you'll have to continue what your doing. It is also possible for plugins to be causing some of your issues.

As for your search problems. Are you using sphinx and my sphinx plugin or the standard MyBB search system?
If they were fixed what do you mean search for them?

Even with the plugins disabled it still persists.

Sphinx plugin? I'll have to look into that.
(2009-12-19, 01:22 AM)SurferJon Wrote: [ -> ]If they were fixed what do you mean search for them?

I also stated they were fixed in MyBB 1.6 (trunk) code. Did you miss that? Also, if your running MyBB 1.6, then we're not supporting that because that is still in development.

(2009-12-19, 01:22 AM)SurferJon Wrote: [ -> ]Sphinx plugin? I'll have to look into that.

Can I extrapolate that your not running the sphinx plugin then?
Oh I read that as 1.46. I'm running 1.4.9. And no, we are not using a Sphinx (Shinx :p) plugin.
(2009-12-19, 01:32 AM)SurferJon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I read that as 1.46. I'm running 1.4.9. And no, we are not using a Sphinx (Shinx :p) plugin.

Your running 1.4.9? Upgrade to 1.4.10.
Okay, but I doubt it will fix it since it's been like this for a long time. Upgrading now...
(2009-12-19, 01:37 AM)SurferJon Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, but I doubt it will fix it since it's been like this for a long time. Upgrading now...

Isn't "it's been like this for a long time" a really arbitrary and subjective reason for doubt? Wouldn't the longer something is a problem, the more likely it is to be fixed since the basis of how many bugs are fixed is literally a function time.
Okay, the user page problem was fixed, but not the last post thing for threads.

Example - Click "last" for the Chillax thread. You'll be taken to the first page: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14