MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla-Mybb Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Is that possible an integration between joomla and mybb?
How can we make it?
If it will happen that will be the really good news 4 mybb and joomla.Because everybody hates installing smf 4 joomla.
Haven't u got any idea?
there is a joomla component that might solve your problems. if the developers can spend about maybe 15 mins on this then maybe mybb can be integrated with joomla. here is the LINK
sample SMF file is attached. it has comments which are helpful.
sample phpbb file is attached. that is the basic level integration needed.
vbulletin file is also attached, in case anyone wants a look Smile
the functions that need to be done ( taken from the SMF file ) by the mybb developers are :
  • function login($username,$password)
  • function logout()
  • function userset($username, $password, $email)
  • function userget($userid)
  • function userupd($old_name, $username='', $password='', $email='')
  • function userdel($username='')
  • function getcookies()
these are all well marked and commented in the smf file. if the developers of mybb could do this then we can use joomla and mybb together.

once it works, could someone also post the working file in this THREAD

ps: also posted in other request threads to bring this to their notification
Smile
yes, it would be awesome if someone could do this.. its pretty simple from what im told, i just don't know jack about it. but they say all that needs to be done is modify one of them sample class files above and make it so it will work with all of mybb querrys and stuff... i really hope someone can figure this out!

it would be a big help to the mybb community, as joomla is a very awesome tool.
Yup, it's what I use for my site. I wrote an import xml file to import some php code from this forum. For the most part, it works, but the [quote] and
  • codes don't parse, as well as smilies, etc... Hopefully I can get the rest of this sorted out.Smile
    You can see it at http://www.generalemu.be
huh, i dont see a joomla login. just a mybb login in the forums. what did you use exactely?
srijit Wrote:huh, i dont see a joomla login. just a mybb login in the forums. what did you use exactely?
I kept the login off the homepage, since there's no customizable page, it wasn't necessary.Wink As for the PHP, I used the code from this thread and wrote a quick xml installer for Joomla.Smile But like I said, there are some things yet to be worked out.
thanks will check that out Smile
I would love it if someone made a bridge for Mambo/Joomla. I was considering switching to SMF, as there is a MyBB to SMF converter, but apparently GoDaddy does not allow SMF to be installed on their hosting... no idea why, as I have MyBB installed currently.
I assume this never gained legs?

If so, I'll volunteer to make it be my first "module" or "plugin" of sorts (since I'll need this bridge to work eventually). I'll update this thread when I figure out what the hell I'm doing Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10