MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.4.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's just whatever is in the changed files package, upload it so it overwrites the current files. Then run the upgrade script.
Hmmm..okay
You don't upload the "Upload" folder, your upload the CONTENTS of the "Upload" folder to your MyBB_ROOT folder on the server.
My FTP is all olive up with my webhost, it wont even connect, and with thier provided FTP I don't think I can overwrite and keep existing Sad
You don't want to keep existing. And you should get on them to fix your normal ftp access. Or if you have ssh capability, just use ftp over ssh Smile
Why not use something like Filezilla?? Works fine?? I don't think they'd stop you overwriting stuff, that's be daft and very non-user friendly.

(2009-12-19, 04:28 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]You don't want to keep existing.

You want to keep things that are already uploaded but not in the changed files package, I think what they're saying is if you uploaded the ./inc/ folder with only some files in, it would replace the ./inc/ folder with only those files and remove the others.
Oh, yeah, that would be bad. Solution? Get the full 1.4.10 package and upload that, then reupload all your plugins Smile
But then you'd end up losing attachments too. No host should force it to upload like that, you should just be able to upload the folders and it'll update what it needs to update and leave everything elae as it is.
I agree. Ok, solution #1, download everything, overwrite with the new files, then upload everything. Wow. What a PITA.
I am using filezilla Wink But I get errors almost every time I try to connnect/upload to my host. As you might already know I am on a shitty webhost,which will be changing sometime after the 7th of January, when my partner comes back from his vacation and we get a payed host (And hopefully a partnership with some major sites that our board is related to).
Pages: 1 2 3