MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Problem, after email activation clicked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After registration, I receive the email activation. I click on it, and says:

"You have successfully been logged in.
You will now be taken back to where you came from"

However, the next page still shows 'Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)'

I re-enter the login info, however this continues to repeat itself.

Please tell me how to fix this problem.
Sticky thread in the support forum.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
Matt, still having problems with wemeton.com

Cookie settings are fine (and correspond with source code)
CHMOD is set to 666 on ./inc/settings.php
I cleared cookies
I deleted ./inc/settings.php. After it re-appeared, I made sure CHMOD was set to 666 (it showed 644)
I cleared cookies again.

It says login is successful, however when it returns to 'prior page', it still shows "Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)", and won't recognize the login

(2009-12-19, 01:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Sticky thread in the support forum.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
Well i guess my forum is facing the same problem too. I had tried various method including the sticky thread which help to sort it out. But somehow member on my forum keep on complaining its hard to login to my forum. For me everything is fine. I also had a beta user to use it on several computer and they all work fine but still I don't know why my member complaining its hard to login to my forum.
@paulauto it'll most likely be because your forum is in a iframe, they very often cause this, is there any way you can setup your forum in a different way that doesn't involve frames??

@miejigsaw What do they mean by 'hard'?? If it just goes back to being a guest again tell them to make sure their browser is accepting cookies and to clear them from their browser, if it's just them having an issue, it's something on their end.
Matt, still same problem when I go to forum directly, without the frame.

I triplechecked everything, all settings (config ok, cookies setup ok, new setting.php, chmod 666, etc etc) seem fine.

I can enter the admin, which works fine, however after users login, it still shows them as 'guest', and they cannot post anything.

Any other ideas?

(2009-12-19, 02:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]@paulauto it'll most likely be because your forum is in a iframe, they very often cause this, is there any way you can setup your forum in a different way that doesn't involve frames??

@miejigsaw What do they mean by 'hard'?? If it just goes back to being a guest again tell them to make sure their browser is accepting cookies and to clear them from their browser, if it's just them having an issue, it's something on their end.
Can you make a test account for us??
Matt I went through something like this and since i ran the server from my home computer i had to clear cookies from windows too

then had to make sure the settings.php and acp/General Configuration matched cause they keep being different
Matt, I created a test account, but the verifying email was not sent out (what happened?)

The info for the test account is: username: testing password: problems

(2009-12-19, 03:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make a test account for us??
(2009-12-19, 02:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]@miejigsaw What do they mean by 'hard'?? If it just goes back to being a guest again tell them to make sure their browser is accepting cookies and to clear them from their browser, if it's just them having an issue, it's something on their end.

What do I mean after they had login then after full load they became a guest again that it. But I do not experience this. Ya!...maybe its something on their side but at that point maybe they had lost interest to my forum.

Had told them to use the method you had mention. So what ever. Cheers Matt, Marry XMas and Have a happy holiday.
Pages: 1 2