MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wierd symbols - 
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the link and plugin frostschutz. I found out what was wrong. I do believe anyway.

Quote:FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/update_profilecomments.php' does not end with '?>')
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/generic_error.php' does not end with '?>')
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/config.default.php' no read permission or empty)
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php' does not start with <?php)
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/languages/english/profilebuddies.lang.php' does not end with '?>')
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/plugins/profilebuddies.php' does not end with '?>')
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/plugins/shadowbox.php' does not end with '?>')
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/plugins/badwords.php' does not start with <?php)
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/plugins/badwords.php' does not end with '?>')
FAIL ('/home/grimline/public_html/inc/plugins/pmonreg.php' does not end with '?>')

I didnt fix any of the others but i did edit the global.lang.php yesterday but only to add a short code. Must have been that.
have a look at the others anyway. especially the plugin/ and languages/ ones should probably always start and end with <?php ?>, otherwise whatever is outside of <?php ?> will add crap to the output.

there are some files in mybb that do not start/end with <?php ?> on purpose as they output html directly, but in general that is the exception not the rule.
Pages: 1 2