MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE 7 crash - please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiser and smarter people,

I would like to know why IE 7 crashes,

Here is a link for you to test, hxxp://mypricesavings.com/forums/online.php

This happens on other pages to like trying to register etc.

I am not sure what steps to take in this, It does not do this with ff, chrome, or safari

Thank you
Thats cool. Maybe some validation errors?
Also its expected. Its IE..
(2009-12-19, 07:21 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Also its expected. Its IE..

Thats what I was thinking but I get so many people with IE its scary to think they do not know better.

If anyone else has a suggestion, I am slowly trying to isolate this.
Try validating it. It could find the issue for you.
(2009-12-19, 07:43 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Try validating it. It could find the issue for you.

Its definetly with the Theme, as I put it back to the default and it problem disappeard, So I guess I contact Infranight to see about getting the theme fixed
LOL, I was expecting this kind of remark towards IE.

I suppose FF is faster and more reliable, i have both installed and use them both.
If others experience this same issue here is a link to Microsoft regarding it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917

Now I am just hoping we can figure out what part of the site this is in, So we can get this issue nipped.
Ok I have found my problem, If you could help me out.

I have to have this code
<!-- smartlook includes --> 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
	var issuuConfig = { 
		guid: "witheld", 
		domain: "*.mypricesavings.com" 
	}; 
</script> 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
	document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http://static.issuu.com/smartlook/ISSUU.smartlook.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E")); 
</script> 
<!-- end smartlook includes --> 
I put it in my footer, However, It is breaking IE 7 because of whatever that issue on Microsoft site, They fixed this in IE8 but nonetheless,

I have to put this code above the /Body tag So I placed it in the footer template,

I tried to put it about the/body on the forumsdisplay however then it doesnt load on the Threads to work for the pdf's So my question is, Where to I insert this code that is above the /body and load on the threads/posts

Thank you for the help
I'm still looking into this, but I can't seem to find any solution.