MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6 plugins' compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How compatible will be plugins for 1.6? Like will they just have to adjust minor stuff, or huge changes? Cause I am looking to start a new forum as soon as 1.6 is released, but I was wondering if plugins were going to be updated quickly, because I have some little hacks I'd like to have on my forums, some of which will be already included by default in 1.6. Big Grin

I just wish plugin developers update all their plugins as quickly as possible. If someone is planning on doing it, please let me know. I also bet 1.6 is going to be released shortly for sure, almost all features completed and you know.. Christmas/New Year is coming, so who knows if it isn't released on the 25th or January 1st. Toungue

Regards,
faviouz
Minor, we hope most will simply need the version compatibility changed from 14* to 16*, and any changes that are needed shouldn't be big.
I know I'll be updating all my subscribers' plugins within 1 month of the 1.6 release, and continuing to maintain both 1.4 and 1.6 versions for 6 months. Then I'll deprecate support for 1.4 branch.