MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Require Login For Guests To View Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to only allow anyone to view a thread if they are logged in?

I just edited the permissions for my categories and changed the VIEW option for guests to no, and i just logged out and suddenly the whole category disappeared from the index page.

I don't want to hide anything, i just want it like if anyone clicks on a thread link, it just gives the message to login or register like this:

Quote:You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:

1.You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
2.You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3.Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.

Thanks! Big Grin
Anyone?
Can anyone help? Sleepy
Give my tutorial a try, it does just that.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-58893.html
Yup, thanks Babjusi, i just tried that before you replied and it's working and doing just what i hoped!! Thanks, you really are great Smile

I had it bookmarked from yesterday and just remembered, and tried it right now.

Keep up the great work Big Grin
Glad to have been of help Smile