MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SmallTalk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well recently I've been working on my own website called SmallTalk.
Basically all you need to do is visit us at
http://smalltalk.byethost11.com/forum/ and register.

Once we hit 20 active members I will release us from beta and we will receive a .info, .com, .net, or a .org domain.

We have very few active members so far and need your help to reach our goal.

You can also vote for us at http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132295957 to increase our popularity and interest.

We are currently hiring moderators and we do need a couple graphics designer if possible. Right now we are using our old website's banner.

Well I hope you can come check us out sometime.

Sincerely,
Case
The theme is quite nice, although I would consider changing the background image a bit so that it is a bit smoother. All I can see is a category saying register... I can't really see what I would be registering for. It would be nice to be able to see all of the categories so we could see why we should join.

Also, how did you get that snow? It's pretty cool.
Thanks Tweep, but the background is not what's causing my website to run slow, it's the snow falling. And to your second suggestion, sure I'm going to change the permission to let everybody see each sections, I was just taking some precautions because I've heard of some MyBB forums having security problems with permissions set too low.

To download the snow just click this link,
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/snowstorm
Actually, I didn't mean anything about the speed of your forum; I meant that the background image itself was a bit rough Wink

Also, I don't think you need to have quite as many categories. You only have three members and most of the sections have no posts.
What is the purpose of your forum? What do you offer to make people want to go there? There are already a LOT of general discussion forums.

I suggest that you find a focus for the forum - and then work on that. You cant "just have a forum" - there has to be a reason for it.
See this is why we are still in beta, lately my staff and I have gone through ideas quickly.
So far they have all failed. Leesester thanks for registering as well we do currently have staff positions open and I would love to have you as a moderator. Also if you come up with any good ideas please tell me. Right now I just can't seem to put my finger on one.
Sad
Hi Case

Thanks for the flattering offer, but I already have a busy forum of my own to look after and I am also quite new to all this Smile. Regarding finding an idea; what are YOUR interests? What do you know about? That's what your forum's focus should be. Try and treat the forum a bit like a blog - its YOURS to do what you like with.

Lee
Thanks Leesester, but right now I just don't know where to start.
Big Grin
Anybody that joins the forum if you do, please be sure to stay active, don't just join and leave.
Sad